If you have been diagnosed with low AMH, you may be wondering what you can do to increase your levels. Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to boost your AMH will vary depending on your individual situation.
However, there are several natural methods that may help increase low AMH levels. In this post, we will explore some of the most effective ways to improve your AMH naturally.
Keep in mind that before attempting any self-treatment or altering your medications without consulting your doctor, it is important to speak with a qualified professional about the potential effects of these changes on your health. Let’s understand what is low AMH first.
(AMH) is a hormone secreted by the cells surrounding the developing eggs in the ovary (called granulosa cells). AMH levels can give your doctor important information about your ovarian reserve, which is the number of eggs remaining in your ovaries.
A low AMH level may indicate that you have a lower ovarian reserve and may be at risk for decreased fertility or early menopause. However, it is important to keep in mind that AMH is just one factor that contributes to fertility. Other factors, such as age, overall health, and the cause of your low AMH, also play a role in your fertility.
There are several potential causes of low AMH levels. Common causes include:
- Ovarian cysts
- Ovarian surgery
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Low body weight
- Certain medications, such as birth control pills
If you are diagnosed with low AMH, there are a few things that you can do to improve your levels. First, it is important to understand the underlying cause of your low AMH.
If your low AMH is due to PCOS or another treatable condition, treating the underlying condition may help increase your AMH levels. Additionally, lifestyle changes such as losing weight, eating a healthy diet, and reducing stress may also help improve your AMH levels.
There are also several supplements that have been claimed to increase AMH levels. However, it is important to speak with your doctor before taking any supplements, as some of these supplements may interact with medications or have other potential side effects.
Additionally, there is limited scientific evidence to support the use of most of these supplements for increasing AMH levels
Some of the most popular supplements for increasing AMH include:
- DHEA: Dehydroepiandrosterone is a hormone that is produced naturally by the adrenal glands. It has been shown to improve ovarian function and increase AMH levels in some studies. However, more research is needed to confirm these effects.
- CoQ10: Coenzyme Q10 is an antioxidant that is found naturally in the body. It has been claimed to improve egg quality and increase AMH levels, but scientific evidence is limited.
- Melatonin: Melatonin is a hormone that helps regulate sleep. It has been shown to improve egg quality in some studies, but it is unclear if it affects AMH levels.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to low AMH levels. Supplementing with vitamin D may help improve your AMH levels if you are deficient.
Read Also:- Low AMH level and natural pregnancy?
What are the best foods to eat to increase AMH levels?
There is no specific diet that has been proven to increase AMH levels, but eating a healthy diet is always a good idea. Some foods that may improve ovarian function and egg quality include –
- Oysters: Oysters are high in zinc, which is essential for fertility. They also contain amino acids that can improve egg quality.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants, which can protect eggs from damage.
- Leafy greens: Leafy greens such as spinach and kale are high in folate, a nutrient that is important for fertility.
- Fish: Fish such as salmon are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for reproductive health.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds contain Vitamin E, an antioxidant that is important for egg health.
Additionally, some studies have shown that a Mediterranean diet may improve fertility. This diet is high in healthy fats, vegetables, and fish.
If you are trying to conceive, speak with your doctor about the best diet for you. They can help you make sure you are getting all the nutrients you need to support a healthy pregnancy.
Is it possible to get pregnant with low AMH?
Yes, it is possible to get pregnant with low AMH, but it may be more difficult. Low AMH levels indicate a lower ovarian reserve, which means that there are fewer eggs remaining in the ovaries.
This can make it more difficult to conceive because there are fewer eggs available for fertilization. Additionally, low AMH levels may also be associated with decreased egg quality, which can further reduce fertility.
However, it is important to keep in mind that each person is different and fertility varies from person to person. Some people with low AMH levels may still be able to conceive without any difficulty, while others may need fertility treatments such as IVF. If you have low AMH levels and are struggling to conceive, speak with your doctor about your treatment options.
While there is no guaranteed way to increase your AMH levels, these natural methods may help improve your ovarian reserve and fertility. Speak with your doctor about the best way to improve your AMH levels and maximize your chances of conceiving.
Are you suffering from low AMH? Get the best treatment today. We offer the most effective low AMH IVF treatment in Mumbai.
Endometriosis is a medical condition in which the tissue that lines the inside of the uterus (endometrium) grows outside it.
Endometriosis is a common condition that can cause pain and infertility. It occurs when tissue that normally lines inside the uterus grows outside.
The female reproductive system comprises the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix, and external genitalia, all found in the pelvic region.
Achieving pregnancy may be more difficult if you have endometriosis. The endometrium is the innermost layer of the uterus, and it is found in its usual location.
Follow Us On
Was this blog helpful for you?
Give us a clapclaps,
they found this blog helpful
Dr. Jay Mehta
Fertility and IVF Specialist
Dr. Jay Mehta is the Scientific Director of Shree IVF Clinic. He is a well-known Fertility and IVF Specialist and also among few doctors in the country who specializes in Embryology and Andrology.