Problems Faced After Stem Cell Therapy?
UPDATED ON 1 JAN. 2021
The latest technologies are often embraced by couples who are facing fertility issues. They are always ready to pursue new inventions even if they have little hope for any positive outcome. Regenerative medicines and stem cell research are among those technologies that are invented in the last few years, and they provide hope to any health problems, including fertility.
Here in the content, we will provide you with details of what stem cell therapy can offer and what are the negative impacts of this procedure a patient has to face while treating fertility problems. It aims at helping patients to make wise decisions before making any opting for this procedure.
In infertility treatments, iPSC or patient-specific induced pluripotent stem cells and germline stem cells are SSCs or male spermatogonial stem cells, OSC or female ovarian/oogonial stem cells are used as the tools for the therapy.
GET IN TOUCH ON
A ray of hope for couples suffering from infertility
The role of stem cells is magnificent in medicine and modern biology, popularly known as regenerative medicine. Due to the property of regeneration, stem cells ensure a promising tool to improve infertility treatments in men and women.
New fertility treatments using this therapy can mature egg cells fully and also sperm cells in the lab. Eggs are further fertilized and implanted into the surrogate female and can even produce live offspring. There is no record of premature death in any of the offsprings. The end of infertility can be possible with artificially made sperm and eggs in the future.
Any of the tissue in the body of the human can potentially be developed into stem cells. According to records, this technique will be used as an alternative treatment to IVF, and it is just a matter of time. Nowadays, ovulation is improved in the older ovaries by the process of ovarian rejuvenation with stem cell growth.
Before opting for these techniques shortly, many expected risks and concerns about stem cell therapy must be known. If this therapy works, even post-menopausal women can be benefited from it.
Some of the problems faced after stem cell therapy
Uterine reconstruction reports are sporadic. The effects of treatments are very undetermined due to the uterus’ functional and physical characteristics and the complicated mechanism of hormones. Advanced art therapies have helped many doctors overcome difficulties in female and male infertility, but patients with IUAS or intrauterine adhesions still find it difficult to conceive.
- Endometriosis is the other cause of female infertility. MSC is seen to migrate to the damaged areas. According to some reports, the umbilical cord MSCs of humans inhibited the generation of the endometriosis cells and promoted cell death.
- The mechanism between MSCs and other diseases is involved. Therefore more researches are needed as or else it can cause female infertility. The reports available from the past studies shows the minimal result in animals
- Embryonic stem cells have many disadvantages too. The way they are acquired is the main disadvantage of stem cells. Harvesting embryonic cells destroy human embryos, making the finding unpopular for those who are confident that human life starts with conception, and later the life is being destroyed.
- The whole idea of embryonic stem cells is not available; therefore, it also serves as a disadvantage in stem cell therapy. Induces iPSCs and embryonic stem cells sometimes divide without any control and lead to the formation of growths of unwanted tissues and tumors.
- Treatment of cancer often leads to infertility. ESCs are responsible for producing germ cells and treat the issues of infertility. Human embryos are destroyed for deriving ESC- derived PGCs. Embryonic stem cells can then produce oocyte/sperm-like cells. But the process is suffering from poor planning.
- The essential function of the gamete is only achieved in one case. Little to no research exists regarding the derivative mechanism, and the epigenetic signature procedure is unclear. In humans’ case, the derivation of PGCs is explained, and all other issues remained uncleared.
” Every individual and couple’s journey is unique, and
finding the right solutions tailored to their specific
circumstances can make all the difference “
The bottom line
There are new birth records from stem cell therapies, but you must also know the negative impacts in detail from your doctor before opting for this procedure. This procedure looks very simple when narrated to you, but the outcomes should also be known to you before you opt for it.
New technologies might give you the hope that you can have a child with this procedure despite having infertility issues but ask your doctor about the negative impact of this technology and proceed further.
After failed IVF, the first ovulation’s timing varies, influencing menstrual changes—bleeding intensity, duration, and possible missed periods
Women facing recurrent IVF failures can explore various alternative treatment options, such as alternative medications, hormonal treatments, immunotherapy
Hormonal imbalances or abnormalities in the uterus can lead to the failure of IVF, impacting the embryo’s ability to progress in development