Neuropelveology is a highly specialised sub-speciality in the field of pelvic surgery which specifically aims at in depth knowledge of the pelvic anatomy of the nerves.
The anatomy of the nerves is highly complex and thorough knowledge of this anatomy helps in performing surgeries wherein complete preservation of the nerves is possible, which greatly reduces the post operative morbidity of the patients.
Nerve Sparing surgeries also help greatly in preserving the sexual, bowel and bladder functions of the patients in the post operative phase.
Dr. Jay Mehta specialises in the following surgeries:
- Nerve Sparing Endometriosis Surgery
- Nerve Decompression in the Pelvis
- Implant and Electrode Placement on the Nerves for Paraplegia
- Nerve Sparing Cancer Surgery
- Nerve Sparing Bowel Resection.