Laterally Extended Endopelvic Resection (LEER)
Laterally Extended Endopelvic Resection (LEER) is a highly advanced surgical technique for performing recurrent and advanced cancers.
LEER is indicated in patients who have recurrent cancers or primary advanced cancers in the pelvis.
Such surgeries need extensive reconstruction to be done in the pelvis.
These surgeries typically last for a period of about 6-8 hours and the hospital stay extends for a variation of 8-20 days
Dr. Jay Mehta specialises in the following advanced super specialised surgical techniques:
- Laterally Extended Endopelvic Resection
- Total Mesoresectal and Mesovesical Resection
- Resection of the Pelvic Floor
- Urinary Tract Continent Diversion
- Complex Bowel Reconstruction
These techniques are highly advanced and add to the life expectancy of the patient.