Stress Incontinence or Involuntary Leakage of Urine is one of the most socially debilitating problems which is typically encountered by women in Old Age.
You must visit your gynaecologist when you pass urine involuntarily while laughing, coughing, sneezing, and walking and other routine activities.
Predominantly, lack of oestrogen due to menopause and infection along with other causes which increase the intra-abdominal pressure like a chronic-cough, constipation are the factors which cause a patient to have incontinence of Urine.
Dr. Jay Mehta specializes in the following procedures for Incontinence treatment:
- Trans-Obturator Tape repair surgery
- Laparoscopic Bursch Suspension
How to prepare for surgery for Incontinence treatment with Dr. Jay Mehta?
- During your consultation, Dr. Jay Mehta will discuss the best surgical option for you
- You will be asked to come on the morning of the surgery with overnight fasting
- Prior to starting surgery, Dr. Jay Mehta will carry out a repeat assessment of the amount of correction needed
- The surgery involves putting a MESH at the level of the urethra if done vaginally, the type and quality of the mesh will be discussed with you prior to your surgery
- Following surgery, you will be in the hospital for 24 hours
- Urine catheter will be removed after 12 hours of surgery
- You will be allowed to go home once you pass urine on your own
- A course of oral antibiotics specific for urine infections will be prescribed to you at the time of discharge
TOT Repair for Stress Urinary Incontinence