The most common surgery performed in Operative Gynecology is Uterus Removal or Hysterectomy.
Hysterectomy is required to women due to a variety of complex problems ranging from severe menorrhagia to multiple fibroids to malignancy.
Majority of women who are currently being advised Hysterectomy can be usually managed with medications or other non-surgical alternatives. A lot of women in India undergo an unindicated hysterectomy surgery.
Dr. Jay Mehta specializes in the following techniques using state-of-the-art 3D-HD Laparoscopic Surgery:
Bloodless Hysterectomy Surgery
Day Care Hysterectomy Surgery
Hysterectomy surgery for uterus more than 1Kg
Hysterectomy surgery for dense adhesions in the pelvis
Hysterectomy surgery after previous surgeries
Dr. Jay Mehta has operated and removed Uterus weighing more than 2Kg on multiple occasions and most of these patients get discharged on the next day following the surgery.
How do I prepare for Laparoscopic Hysterectomy with Dr. Jay Mehta?
- After your consultation with Dr. Jay Mehta, he and his team will decide if Hysterectomy is the best option for you or not.
- You will be discussing your Hysterectomy surgery package with the doctor based on your insurance
- You will be asked to get admitted one night prior to your scheduled date of surgery
- You will be given pre-operative medications on the night prior to the surgery
- Surgery usually will happen in the morning hours after 8 AM
What are the post-operative instructions following Laparoscopic Hysterectomy?
- You will be usually for discharge on the next day following laparoscopic hysterectomy
- There is no bed rest needed after this procedure
- You will be allowed to resume office within 3 days following your discharge
- Your post-operative visit to Dr. Jay Mehta will happen 7-10 days post surgery
- There are no restrictions of diet following this procedure
Day Care Laparoscopic Hysterectomy- Uterus Plastered to Abdominal Wall
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for 2Kg Uterus
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy- Multiple Fibroids
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for 20 weeks Uterus
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for a Large Uterus