Uterine Fibroid is the most common pathology affecting the uterus. Close to 60-70% of the women have fibroids in some form or the other and majority of the women who are identified to have fibroids usually have no complaints regarding the same.
One can suspect to have fibroids if they present with the following complains:
Heavy Menstrual Bleeding (Intramural Fibroids)
Infertility (Typically Submucosal or Intramural fibroids)
Severe Pain during Periods (Intramural or Submucosal Fibroids)
Abdominal Heaviness (Large fibroids)
Continuous Bleeding or Spotting during menses (Submucosal Fibroids)
Typically Fibroids measuring more than 5cm irrespective of the location needs a Fibroid Surgery.
Dr. Jay Mehta offers the following techniques in Fibroid Surgery:
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy without Vasopressin
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy for Multiple Fibroids
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy for Fibroids > 10cm in size
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy for Atypical Location of Fibroids
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy for Fertility Enhancement
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy for Submucosal Fibroids
Dr. Jay Mehta performs bilateral uterine artery clipping at the time of fibroid surgery, which prevents the use of vasopressin completely from the surgery and avoid any intra-operative cardiac complications which might occur due to vasopressin usage.
Dr. Jay Mehta is an ambidextrous surgeon and performs Laparoscopic Suturing with both the hands and is well-known to be one of the fastest surgeons to suture laparoscopically.
How do I prepare for my 3D-Laparoscopic Fibroid Surgery with Dr. Jay Mehta?
- Dr. Jay Mehta will discuss with you the indication for performing the surgical procedure during your consultation
- You will be admitted to the hospital the night prior to your surgery
- Dr. Jay Mehta will perform a 3D Sonography called as Fibroid Mapping prior to the procedure.
- Your surgery will be performed in the morning after 8:30 AM
Do Fibroids cause Cancer?
The risk of a fibroid becoming malignant is less than 0.05%.
Dr. Jay Mehta has successfully performed fibroids surgeries on many young women who have fibroids measuring more than 10cm or weighing more than 1Kg using 3D-Laparoscopic Surgery.
Laparoscopic Myomectomy Large Degenerated Anterior Fibroid
Laparoscopic Myomectomy Large Posterior FIbroid
Laparoscopic Myomectomy- Lateral Wall Fibroid
Laparoscopic Myomectomy Central Cervical Fibroid
Laparoscopic Myomectomy with Uterine Ligation